SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES FOR 2016-2017
Each year the Central Florida Black Nurses Association of of Orlando offers four scholarships to African American licensed nurses and student nurses. Interested individuals may carefully, review application guidelines for eligibility requirements and deadline dates.
- Candidate must be of minority status only.
- Must be a resident of Orange County, Lake County, Osceola County or Seminole County.
- Must currently be enrolled full time in an accredited nursing program (LPN, ADN, BSN, MSN, ARNP, PhD, or DNP)
- In good scholastic standing at the time of application, maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Have a significant financial need.
- Must show participation or involvement in community activities.
- Must be a member of the CFBNA at the time application is submitted.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT – $250 TO $2,000
COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- An official transcript from an accredited nursing school.
- Completed scholarship application form.
- Provide 2 names, addresses, and telephone numbers of your supervisor at work, professor, clergy, or community leader, as a character reference.
- Complete application ONLINE and mail transcripts to – Central Florida Black Nurses Association, P.O. Box 585142, Orlando, Florida 32858.
Provided that completed application, transcripts and references are received by the deadline date, the applicants chosen;
- Must conduct a personal and professional interview with the CFBNA Scholarship Committee, time and place TBA
- Must be a member of CFBNA
- Must be present at the CFBNA Scholarship Breakfast
Donate To CFBNA
All donations are tax deductible